Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Together With You ~ Book Review





Carly Mason is an ex-social worker with a history in helping kids with fetal alcohol effects. When she finds little five year old Penny Tremaine in the stuffed animal shop where she now works at, she is determined not to get involved. But something about Penny tugs at Carly’s heart.

When Ryan, Penny’s handsome father, offers Carly a job as Penny’s nanny, Carly is shocked! She except, albeit rather reluctantly. But soon she is a part of the family., having been accepted not only by Penny, but Ryan’s sons, Kyle and Eric as well as Ryan himself.

When disaster strikes this family that Carly has grown fond of...maybe she even loves them...will she, with the strength of the Lord, be able to keep them from falling apart?


♥ ♥ ♥



This book… oh my word. I cannot express in word how drawn into it I was. As the author’s bio says, it did have a Sound of Music feel to it. I am a SoM fanatic, so this book hooked me!

I honestly had little knowledge of Fetal Alcohol Effects before reading this book and it was a real eye opener to see how much these kids, and in the case of the story, there parents struggle.

I give this book a four star review! I loved it, but the fact that Carly fell in love with a non-believer and still had a happy ending made me go “eh?” just a little. That doesn’t usually happen and heartbreak can come from falling in love with non-believers. I definitely say this book is for older teens (+15). Otherwise, great book!

I was given this book from the Book Club Network for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment