Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Playing the Part ~ A Book Review



Lucetta Plum is anything but a damsel in distress! 

But everyone else sees the young actress only as the characters she portrays on the stage. When one over-zealous fan drives Lucetta and Mrs. Abigail Hart - the lady persistent on finding a match for Lucetta - from their home, the two ladies seek refuge at Abigail's grandson's ... castle? 

Bram Haverstein has a flare for the Gothic and it is evident in the fact that he bought Ravenwood castle! With all his secrets, his loyal but once less the law-abiding staff, and a 'haunted' castle, Bram has more than his share of adventures. When he meets the actress he's been falling for for a long time, Bram wants to sweep this lovely lady off her feet. But he soon learns that Lucetta isn't the lady waiting for her knight in shining armor he envisioned her to be. In fact, Lucetta isn't anything that Bram imagined and that might just upset the balance of his well-balanced, secret filled life. 

With haunted castles, crazed fans and a match making grandmother and friend, will Lucetta and Bram ever make it to the curtain call? Or will the curtain fall well before then?

♥♥♥

Okay so this is the third book in the A Class of Their Own series by Jen Turano  and I loved it almost as much as the first two! (Read my reviews for those here) This follows the story of Lucetta Plum, Harriet and Millie's friend who is determined to NOT be a lady in need of saving. The reason why is heartbreaking, but I don't want to give away too much info! :)

So the characters.

I found Lucetta to be a little hard to relate too. She's not a lady who needs or wants to be saved, and to be honest, I'm not like that at all. I'm the one who wants a guy to be strong for me, someone I can lean on. Being an actress WAS something I could relate to however, so that was cool.

Is it pathetic that I related to the guy more? Seriously! Bram is a whole lot like me! (Minus the love for the morbid, death and shackles bit.) You'll find out many secrets about him, (one that had me rereading the sentance about three times!) and he is humorous, which I like. I could totally picture him from Jen's description which I LOVE to be able to do.

Abigail was hilarious, as the norm. A little plot twist in the epilogue will have you aw-ing all over the place.

Millie is in it too! Which had me ROLLING as she is by far my favorite character in the series. Well, her and Everett.

Harriet make a brief appearance and they mention her husband, Oliver.

Over all, I give this book 5 FREAKING STARS! Make sure you check out the first two in the series and comment below who your favorite character is!

Bravo Mrs. Turano! I can't wait for your next series! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment