Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hearts Made Whole ~ Book Review



It's 1865 and Windmill Point, Michigan is the home of Caroline Taylor. She tends the lighthouse after her fathers death. But women aren't allowed to have such roles so it only a matter of tome before the high-strung lighthouse inspector appoints a man to fill her role.


But the problem is Caroline is a excellent keeper; Ryan Chambers is not. A veteran of the Civil War, Ryan is haunted by what he and his men did in battle and outside of it as well. On pain medicine and now a heavy drinker, he is unable to perform his duties. Thank God for Caroline. She is becoming much more then the feisty lighthouse keeps who was supposed to be gone by the time Ryan arrived. He also didn't except this attraction and neither did Caroline....

♥ ♥ ♥

Ah! I loved this book. It's written from my home state of Michigan and it was so cool read about real lighthouses that might be able to visit someday. I feel in love with Ryan and Caroline along with Esther and the twins. I never realized how hard it was for ladies in the late nineteenth century.


I thought that Ryan and Caroline's relationship did move pretty fast, though. Or maybe it was just that so much time past so quickly that it just seemed fast. Either way, I did feel like the elements, along with another part, make his book for readers 15+.


I did love this book though and will be passing it around to my family and friends to read as well! Four stars Jody Hedlund! Will be reading more from you!


I was given this book from the Book Club Network for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment