Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Potter's Lady ~ A Book Review





Rosemaire McKay, newly graduate of the Philadelphia School of Design for Women, convinces her brother, Ewan, to buy a pottery. She is convinced that she can bring in the contracts for her brother. She also reconnects with Joshua Harkness, who owns a rival pottery business but vows to help her.

Rylan Campbell has never liked change. So when Ewan McKay buys the pottery he works at, he braces himself for all sort of change. But it isn't Ewan who brings the change, it is pretty Rose

McKay. When they begin to lose business, Rylan suspects Joshua to be taking advantage of Rose.
When a contest design is announced, can Rose and Rylan put aside differences and join forces to save the pottery both love?

♥ ♥ ♥  
This book was very sweet and well written. Rylan's character jumped out at me, because like him, I hate change. The way he handles Rose and the changes she brings shows that God can bring good things from the bad. 

The deceit of Joshua hit a little to close to home as well. My family and I have gone through our share of betrayal and it was comforting to know it happens to everyone. 

I loved that the main characters were Irish. It added a flavor to the book that made it even more enjoyable. I learned a lot about pottery as well, which I thought was cool. When I was younger, I wanted to make pottery and it was interesting to see the advanced process that it took to make them in the late 18th century. 

This book was given to me for my honest review which I have give. All opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment