Friday, April 15, 2016

The Choosing ~ A Book Review


Being chosen is everything.

So when Carrington is passed over, her whole world comes crashing down. Her mother, her father, her little brother...gone. 

Now Carrington is a Lint - a girl who wasn't chosen forced to work the rest of her life and follow the Authority. It's a nightmare and when rumors of rebellion being to circulate, all of Carrington's beliefs are rattled. 

When she goes to see the mysterious Aaron speak, her beliefs become more than rattled. 

Join Carrington as she discovers she has always been chosen. It just looks different than what the world says. 

♥♥♥

This book was really, really good! Rachelle took a cue from her father and wrote a world in which perspective is skewed from right and wrong and it take the reader to discpher what that is!

It strats right at the Choosing Ceremony. That was a little confusing, but I soon understood what was happening. Talk about depressing! The poor girls who weren't choosing are never allowed to marry, are forced to work in slummy gross places and are now labeled Lints!

I loved how the figure of Aaron was symbolic to Christ and how he chooses each and every person! He loves us all even when we can't love ourselves and it was truly wonderfully written that way!

The whole deal with the stuttering guard, Renko, Carrington and Issac was so frustratingly wonderful! I won't get into it (Spoilers!) but let's just say I was on the edge of my seat many, many times!

The only thing about this book I disliked was how it made me super moody! If what you read affects your moods, thoughts etc. I would shy away from this novel. It is super depressing for a good chunk of it!

I give this book 4/5! Well done Mrs Dekker! Can't wait for book two!

I was given this book for my honest review from the Book Club Network. 

No comments:

Post a Comment